If you're interested in volunteering, please fill out all fields in the form on this page. Any specific questions, please contact email@example.com
Available Bowie Community Theatre Volunteer Opportunities:
- Set Construction and Painting: Assist with moving flats and lumber, assembling sets, minor carpentry work, painting, striking sets and moving supplies to and from our storage unit. This happens predominantly on the weekend prior to the show opening, and the weekend we close each show.
- Set Decoration, Props, and Lobby: Help locate and acquire props, furnishing and set decoration, and return these items to their owners after the show. This group also designs the lobby board presentation at the Playhouse, reflecting the theme of the show, cast photos and BCT image.
- Costume and Makeup: Acquire costumes as needed, as well as make minor alterations and fittings. These folks would also assist actors with makeup and hair on show nights.
- Stage Management: Move sets, furniture, props and decorations during scene changes.
- Promotion and Publicity: Assist with placing pre-created advertisements and press releases with the local media and help with local outreach.
- Box Office and Usher: Help sell tickets on show nights, distribute programs and assist with seating, as well as set up the lobby refreshment table and sell these items during intermission.
- Production: Various production duties include Producer, Stage Manager, Set Designer, Costumer, Set Decorator, Technical Director, Lighting Designer, Sound Designer, Assistant Director, etc.
- Hospitality and Events: Plan opening night events, coordinate refreshments for each show and plan social events for our members and patrons as needed.
Volunteer: Contact and Interests
Please complete all fields, provide your contact information and let us know which volunteer opportunities interest you: